Friday, February 15, 2013

Tasting- Gabriella Chianti

Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: 100% Sangiovese
Region: Tuscany 
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Winery review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It’s a good dry wine with a bold flavor. Even with it’s boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth.

My Review: Again, me and the reds are having an issue.  I definitely liked the texture better than lavarini Valpolicella Classico, however I just still would not go to the store and pick up a bottle just to enjoy the wine.  It was very bold and I could just not pick up the strong fruit flavor it was just red wine, I hate to say just red wine, hopefully my taste buds will start to recognize more characteristics of the reds after this class! 

Food: I did not have this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment