Friday, February 15, 2013

Tasting- Lavarini Valpolicella Classico


Name:  Lavarini Valpolicella Classico
Variety: 65% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 10% Molinara
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery review: The red ruby color and the dry taste give this wine joviality and cordiality. It is fresh and fruity, with lovely strawberry and cherry aromas and flavors, with nice spice and a silky texture. 

My Review:  I am still not a fan of red wines, and this was not bringing me any closer to enjoying them.  I did not get a strawberry taste at all, maybe a woody cherry but nothing in a fruity sense.  When review says the word "spice" I usually end up not being a huge fan of the wine, and the same holds true here. 

Food:  I did not have this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment