Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting-Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado


Name:  Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: NV
Region: Granada 
Country:
 Spain
Year: N/A 
Price: $3.95

Winery review:
 "Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with

red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry
flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage”
with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and
lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs."

My Review:  This red looked very dark.  The smell was interesting it smelled like my grandmas house.  By that I mean the smell of olding fruits mixed with two week old bouquets of flower, a little sweet and a unexpected sharp ending.  The taste was better than I thought.  It did have the red wine taste, definitely a pomegranate dropped in rosemary taste though added with a light bubble finish.  It did not have a bitter after taste which I really appreciated.  All in all I believe this wine would go better with food maybe a pasta with a blush sauce.  

Food:
 I did not have this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment