Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tasting- Domaine de Grange de Payan


**No Image Can be found, if one is found I will add it immediately!*** 

Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Grenache with some blended.  
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price:  $8.95

Winery Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a 
hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the 
majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering 
cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality

My Review:  I enjoyed this wine much more than the than the Tinto Figaro however again, I struggle with enjoying the darker wines still.  It was really just too much of dry spicy wine for me.  I could not smell any fruit but I did get a hint of the raspberry, there was just too much spice for me to personally enjoy it.  

Food:  I did not have food with this wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment