Friday, March 29, 2013

Tasting- Montebuena 

Name: Montebuena 
Variety:
 100% Tempranillo
Region:
 Rioja
Country:
 Spain
Year:
 2010
Price:
 $8.95

Winery review: Ripe cherry and black current on the nose and in the mouth.  Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy.  Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannis providing shape and grip.   Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.

My Review:  This wine like the first had a berry chocolate smell.  It was a very nice smell, definitely a wine that should be associated with dessert/an after dinner drink.  I did not pick up a very berry taste.  It was like a dessert drink trying to be sweet and chocolately but it really has more of a spice taste.  I could see some wine drinkers like the extra something, the spice, but I was not a fan, I would not recommend this drink to others. 

Food:  I did not have this wine with food.   

No comments:

Post a Comment