Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting- Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo


Name: Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Variety: 100% Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery review: 100% Montepulciano d' Abruzzo. Deep ruby red color with violet highlights and a pleasant and fruitybouquet. Full bodied, soft tannins and good acidity. Excellent with pasta dishes and red meats. 

My Review: This wine has a very almost dark fruity smell.  The taste was alittle unsettling.  I got good cherry flavors but an almost smoky aftertaste followed the fruit which I did not enjoy at all.  However it was not the worst red wine by far I have tasted.  I would like to taste this wine again while eating.  

Food: I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment