Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting-Maipe Chardonnay 

Name: Maipe Chardonnay
Variety: 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viognier
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery review: Made from 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viognier. 30% malolactic fermentation, 30% was aged in French oak barrels. Brilliant yellow golden color with green hints. The wine is crisp and filled with white peach, pear, green apples flavors, toasty vanilla. Elegant and luscious wine, well balanced. Crisp and long finish. Pairs well with
creamy soups, pork, veal, vegetables.   

My Review: I usually dont mind any white wines but I did not enjoy this one for whatever reason.  I liked the smell, definitely a light fruity smell, but the taste had a hint of butter that I just was not a fan of.  I would not recommend this wine.  

Food: I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment