Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tasting- Maipe Malbec Rosé

Name: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Wine Review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet,  strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and  lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, 
spicy Asian dishes. 

My Review: This wine had a great smell and appearance.  Gorgeous pink color with a very fruity smell, definitely a giant whiff of strawberries when you smell it. It was dry but had a sweet taste at the same time so I very mixed feelings about this wine.  I think it would be a great wine with food like pasta salad, or something light.  I would not drink this wine alone again but I would try it with food. 

Food:  I did not have this food with wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment