Friday, March 29, 2013

Tasting-Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz



Name: Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety:
 100% Shiraz
Region:
 South Eastern Australia 
Country:
 Australia 
Year:
 NV
Price:
 $9.95

Winery review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish.

My Review:  The way I would describe this wine is just yum.  I loved the berry, definitely cherries and another berry, whiff.  The sweetness was great, I did not get the sweetness was from vanilla but it was still very pleasing.  The tart ending took me by surprise but I really enjoyed it because I picked up a slight chocolate taste right before it.  The transition from sweet to chocolate to tart was a really good experience.  And of course I am a huge fan of anything sparkling, the bubbles really just make all wines better.  This is one of the first darker wines I actually enjoyed!

Food:  I did not have this wine with food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment