Friday, March 29, 2013

Tasting- Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence 


Name:  Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence 
Variety:
 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 20% Cinsault
Region:
 Provence
Country:
 France
Year:
 2011
Price:
 $8.95

Winery review:
 Bright salmon pink; typically of the fresh but warm Provence style.  Refined and complex on the nose, with summer fruits and floral notes.  Dry and crisp, with a delicate flavor and full texture.  


My Review:  I believe this was the first rose I have tasted.  I loved the smell, it was really like a bouquet of flowers.  The color also was very nice.  I did not get any fruit flavor.  All I can say to really describe this is a very very dry wine that tasted like many dry white wines actually.  While I really did not enjoy the taste it was plain and dry, the smell was great so popping a bottle of this with appetizers’ at a dinner may be great for the room environment. 

Food:
 
I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment