Saturday, March 9, 2013


Tasting- Cortenova Pinot Grigio




Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Gris
Region: Italy
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and 
bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy  drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the 
aftertaste.  Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti  with clams, sole in white wine  Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review: This wine was not my favorite but not my worst.  I enjoyed the smell very much, a mixture of fruit and flowers.  I only got a berry fruity smell that could have been my nose mistaking the apricot smell for berries instead.  The smell was better than the taste.  It was a little too dry for me, not sweet enough, and I did not enjoy the after-taste.  I could not taste almonds but it was something kinda of dry and unpleasant.  

Food: I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment