Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting-Villa d' Orvieto

Name: Villa d' Orvieto 
 Variety: Blend of Grechetto, Procanico (Trebbiano), and Malvasia
Region: Orvieto 
Country: Italy 
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Winery review: It's a blend of Grechetto, Procanico (Trebbiano), and Malvasia. Fresh and crisp, it has a beautiful, floral bouquet.  It is wonderful with appetizers, fish, chicken, and salads.  

My Review:   I enjoyed this wine.  I didnt get much of a smell from it but the taste was nice.  It was kind of a clean vanilla taste I wouldnt necessarily say floral, but it was definitely fresh and crisp like the review says.  I agree this wine would go well with appetizers and light meats like fish, however I can not see it going with chicken but always worth a try!  This wine is my second favorite of the tasting.  

Food: I did not have food with this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment